Friday, June 10, 2011

Recovering chairs

I recently moved into a new apartment. Since I'm on a low budget I started looking for some "el cheapo" dining chairs. After browsing through the internet I decided to purchase six bamboo style chairs at a warehouse sale, where they sell second hand furniture. It was such a coincidence that I found the exact same chairs in the "Domino" interior design book and on the Jonathan Adler online store priced for 900 dollars each! This even made me more excited to have them done. Funny to see it was re-painted and re-upholstered several times before, from white to mint green then red brown and 90ies minty color up to yellow and orange cushions. Each chair has its own story :-)
It took me a week to refurbish them but I am so happy about the results and it was definitely worth the effort and the mess!

Before...red velvet :-P


...and after!

These were hiding underneath the red "velvet" cushion
After...

Here some more bamboo-mania


Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment